January 4, 2017

New Year's Eve 2016


On New Year's Eve every year growing up my parents always cooked crab legs, and we usually had shrimp and a crab ball too.  It was the one day a year we cooked crab and I loved that tradition.  My parent's didn't do it this year so I decided we would carry on the tradition!  I ended up with the stomach flu on New Year's eve/New year's day but Bryce ended up with work off Monday and Tuesday after New Year's so we just celebrated a few days late.
We had steamed artichokes, crab legs, shrimp, and a crab ball for dinner.  It was delicious!
We had our celebratory dinner Monday night and then Tuesday morning we took Claire sledding at a hill near our house.  Peter slept in the car and we took turns sledding with Claire.  It was lots of fun for everyone, but I think Rory enjoyed it the most.
2016 was filled with so many fun and precious memories.  I'm looking forward to see what 2017 has in store for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment