October 5, 2016

Oktoberfirst


Two years ago I decided to create a little holiday for our family on the first day of my favorite month, Oktoberfirst!  I love getting everyone in the spirit for all things fall and Halloween.  This year October 1st fell on General Conference so we had to simply our celebrating a bit since we'd only be home for part of the day (and most of that would be spent listening to conference).  I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and surprised Claire and Peter with a couple of new Halloween books.  I also gave them Halloween jammies but I gave those to them at the beginning of September because I was so excited about them :).  

Claire reading the new books to Peter.  Both books have quickly become favorites around here and we've had to read them at least once a day since we gave them to the kids.
In between conference sessions Claire dressed up in her witch hat and ran around outside to get her wiggles out!  After conference we went to Morgan, Bryce went to the priesthood session of conference with his dad and Claire, Peter, and I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower.  It was a pretty busy day but we still got a little celebrating in at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment