June 27, 2016

Peter Bryson Week by Week: 1 Month


Dear Peter,

Today you turned 1 month old.  I think it has been the fastest month of my life.  Taking care of you and your big sister Claire keeps me so busy the days just seem to fly by.  You have been such a sweet addition to our family.  It's hard to even remember what it was like before you were here as it already feels like you've always been with us.   
Your big sister Claire adores you.  It has been so fun for me to see her embrace her new role as a big sister.  She is always helping me with diaper changes, burping, getting your binky etc., and is constantly smothering you with hugs and kisses.  Luckily you don't seem to mind and tolerate it pretty well.
You are a really easy baby, which has made the transition from one to two kids relatively easy on your mama.  You love to sleep, and LOVE to eat.  You eat every two hours around the clock.  While I'm a bit tired from the constant feedings, especially the night ones, you rarely cry or fuss so I won't complain too much!   
Thanks to your constant eating, you have gotten nice and chubby in the last month.  My wish for an extra chubby baby came true this time around!  You were born smaller than your big sister, but already outweigh what she did at one month.  At your 2 week appointment you already weighed 9 lb 3 oz and according to our scale at home you are now already over 10 pounds!
You still have your cute old man hair you were born with; lots in the back, a little on the top, and no hair in the front.  Your eyes are still really blue and I'm really crossing my fingers they will stay blue or turn green like your dad's.  Your dad doesn't think they will stay and thinks they will likely go brown like mine and your sister's.  Time will tell!  I'm usually right though so you better not let your dad win this one ;). 

You have been such a great blessing in our lives and we are beyond grateful to have you in our family.  You are already so loved!  I'm so excited to watch you grow and change and see the person you will grow up to be.  

Love you too much,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment