February 12, 2016

January Catch Up


I haven't blogged much in January so here is a catch-up post with a bit of what we've been up to.  I found a whole wheat banana muffin recipe that I've made a few times to try to get Claire to eat something besides yogurt and toast for breakfast.  I add a few chocolate chips to the batter and am able to convince her that they are in fact 'cookies' so she'll gobble them up without complaint.
Claire and I took a trip to Ikea a few weeks ago to pick up some new nightstands.  We've been using some DIY nightstands I made out of crates when we were first married but I after 4 years I was ready for an upgrade.  I think these look so much nicer and I love that they have a drawer to hide some of the clutter.
I turned this little corner in Claire's room into a little reading nook for her.  She has spent lots of time there cuddled up with her books and babies.
We had a few more good snow storms throughout the month.  I love cuddling up on the couch or in bed with a good book and getting to watch the snow fall out the window.  It's probably one of my favorite parts of winter.
I've been reading lots of books (no surprises there).  I think I'm going to start doing a post at the end of each month with a review of all the books I read.  It would be a fun way to keep track of my reading throughout the year but we'll see if I can find the time to follow through with it.
We've also had lots of morning cuddling sessions with Rory & Claire.  Bryce's classes don't start until 10 this semester and its been so fun having him home for a few hours each morning before he has to leave for the rest of the day.  We haven't been up to anything too exciting.  Most of the winter days we spend staying warm inside with books, baking, cuddling, and lots of playing pretend.  I'm a big fan of all of those activities so its been a good month!  

No comments:

Post a Comment