December 7, 2015

Christmas Tree 2015

Like last year, we were on the ball again this year and we bought our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  Putting up the Christmas tree is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.  I love the spirit it brings into our home and the daily reminder it is of what we are celebrating.  

It was so much fun having Claire help us decorate this year.  She had so much fun and kept saying "Wow!" and "Booful!" the whole time.  I love that she is old enough this year to be more involved and start understanding a bit more.   
Claire's new hiding spot.
We finally bought a star for our tree this year, after 4 years of just using a big bow.  Claire got the honor of helping Bryce put it on top of the tree.
We are all ready for Christmas now.  I wrapped all our gifts later while Claire was napping, except for a few that are still coming in the mail from our Black Friday orders.  I try to have most all of my shopping and preparations done by the beginning of December so I can just enjoy the rest of the month and try to focus on The Savior and the real reason we celebrate Christmas.  I love the video I posted below from lds.org.  I have watched it several times and I still tear up every time I watch it.  It shares such a beautiful message.  If you have a minute it is definitely worth your while to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment