November 30, 2015

Snow Day


On Thanksgiving we woke up to a winter wonderland, just as I had been hoping for.  Claire woke us up around 7 so we spent the first part of the morning eating breakfast and watching the Macy's Day Parade.  After the sun came up and it warmed up a few degrees we bundled up in our snow clothes and went outside to play in the freshly fallen snow.  We gave Claire one of her Christmas gifts (new coat + snow pants) early so she could play in the snow.  
Claire loved it just as much as she had the night before.  She loved stomping in it, kicking it, and throwing it it everywhere.  It was so funny watching her waddle around in her puffy snowsuit.   
We tried to teach her how to make snow angels, but she just played in the snow and giggled.  She couldn't move her arms and legs very well with all her snow gear on haha, but she still thought laying in the snow was hilarious.
We hooked Rory up to the sled and had her pull Claire around the yard.  It was so cute!  Claire loved it and had the biggest smile on her face the whole time.  Rory tolerated it, but I don't think she enjoyed it quite as much as Claire.  We played outside for about an hour and then went inside to get warmed up and ready to leave for Thanksgiving dinner.  We went to my Grandma & Grandpa Richins' house for Thanksgiving dinner.  I took my camera but forgot my memory card so I didn't get to take a single picture the rest of the day.  I was a little bummed but figured I take enough pictures that it would probably be okay if I missed one holiday this year.  We had a great day spent with family and went home with full tummies and hearts filled with gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment