November 2, 2015

Halloween 2015


For Halloween this year we decided to dress up as Goldilocks and the Three Bears!  We always have lots of fun coming up with ideas and we had a few other close contenders, but Goldilocks and Three Bears won out this year.  I sewed Claire's little pinafore and used a shirt, shoes, and knee socks she already had.  I made our t-shirts with freezer pencil stencils and fabric paint and made our headbands with hot glue and felt.    
It took a few tries but we finally got a decent family shot of all our costumes!  Since Halloween is also my birthday Bryce got up with Claire in the morning and let me sleep in, probably my favorite birthday gift this year :).  After I woke up Bryce went and picked up Einstein Bagels and a Diet Coke from Mcdonalds for my birthday breakfast.  He is seriously the best.  We spent most of the morning eating bagels, watching cartoons with Claire, and lounging around in our pjs.  Later while Claire napped we finished our costumes (the ears) and got everything ready for trick or treating.  After Claire woke up we got ready, took a few pictures, and then headed to Morgan for the business trick-or-treat.   
Claire didn't quite get the whole trick-or-treating thing, but she was thrilled about all of the candy.  Every time she got a new piece of candy she'd reach in her bucket and ask "Treat? Pwease?"  We tried to move her along and distract her so she wouldn't be eating candy all night long, but we were only successful some of the time haha.  She definitely ate her fair share of sugar.  
Cutest little Goldilocks
After the business trick-or-treat stopped at Bryce's parents for a bit and then took Claire trick-or-treating at both my grandparents' houses.  We ran into my sister's family at my Grandma Richins' so Claire got to play with Lydia outside for a few minutes.

After we finished trick-or-treating we went to my parent's house to celebrate my birthday with my family.  My mom made homemade Chilli and pumpkin caramel sheet cake.  Both were so yummy!  Claire and Lydia played and ate more candy while we all got to visit and take turns holding Laci's new baby boy Casen.  Someone finally looked at the clock around 10 and we decided we had better get our tired babies home to bed.  

We tried to get a picture of the three grand babies in their matching Halloween pjs from my mom... and this is the best we got haha.  #Toddlers


Halloween, you are my favorite!  I already can't wait for next year.

2 comments:

  1. I love your costumes! So creative. On a random note, where did you get your jeans? They are super cute! I can't ever find skinny jeans that stay skinny at the ankle like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have that same problem too! I found these ones at Old Navy, they are the Rockstar Skinny Jeans. I love them!

      Delete