November 30, 2015

Baby #2 on the Way!


We already shared this on Instagram & Facebook but I haven't had a chance to blog about it yet.  We are expecting baby #2!  My due date is June 3rd and we couldn't be more excited to add another little one to our family.  I found out I was pregnant the first week of October when we were in the middle of moving into our new apartment.  I bought Jimmy Fallon's book Your Baby's First Word will be Dada  and gave that to Bryce with my pregnancy test to surprise him with the news.  He was pretty surprised when I gave it to him and even asked, "Wait, so this test is positive?"  Once he got over the surprise/shock he was way excited, probably more than I was haha.  We had our first doctor's appointment at the end of October and everything looked great.  We got to hear the baby's heart beat and see it on the ultrasound.  We took Claire with us, even though she has no idea what's going on, it was still fun to have her there.  We decided to wait and tell our families on Thanksgiving.  I made Claire's 'Big Sister' sweatshirt with a freezer paper stencil & fabric paint.  We tried to get a picture of her wearing the sweatshirt and holding the ultrasound to send to all of Bryce's siblings who live out of state, but she would NOT hold the ultrasound.  After several tries we got the money shot, the last picture in this post, that we sent to his siblings and posted on Instagram & Facebook later on Thanksgiving night.  We had Claire wear the sweatshirt to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents but we didn't say anything to anyone when we got there.  My mom was holding Claire and after she took off her coat not even a minute went by before she asked excitedly, "Is this an announcement?!"  We excitedly said yes and told everyone our due date.  It was so nice to finally tell everyone.  It was getting hard to keep a secret, especially because I feel like I've started showing much sooner than I did with Claire!  

I had my second doctor's appointment the day before Thanksgiving but I was only 12 1/2 weeks so it was still too early to really tell the gender.  We are definitely finding out (I am too much of planner not too) and we should for sure find out what we're having at our appointment in December.  I can't wait to have another little baby too snuggle and I especially can't wait to see Claire become a big sister!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! You are good at keeping a straight face :) when we talked about babies in October during pictures you didn't let anything show! I can't wait to find out what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That was so funny! I was like six weeks pregnant when we were talking about it and was trying so hard to keep a straight face and not say anything!

      Delete