October 21, 2015

Dresser Before & After

Before:

As promised here are a few before & after shots of Claire's new dresser.  The dresser was Bryce's and started out as above, very old, loved, and well used.  I originally just thought I would paint it white....but Bryce said I wasn't allowed to paint anymore furniture white.  So instead of white, I decided on a pretty coral pink color (although I'm not sure that's what Bryce had in mind when he said no more white haha).  I gave the dresser a good sanding, filled all of the holes where the old knobs were, and then painted a coat of primer.  After the primer was dry I painted the dresser and all of the drawers.  The color I used is Coral Flower by Glidden.  It's a little more coral in person, but the lighting in the pictures makes it look more pink.  After the paint was dry I painted a coat of clear polyurethane over it to help the paint job last longer.  I ordered the knobs on amazon, they are actually the same ones I used on the white dresser that used to be Claire's too.  I marked all of the drawers where the new knobs would go and Bryce drilled all of the holes and installed the knobs for me.  You can see the end result in the pictures below.  It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself! 

After:   

No comments:

Post a Comment