October 28, 2015

Black Island Farms

I've been wanting to go to Black Island Farms for the past few years and we've never made it there until this year.  The only night Bryce had off work was Thursday last week so we decided to go as soon as he was done with school.  He got home around 6 so we didn't get there as early as I would have liked but we still had lots of fun.  It was getting dark already by the time we bought our tickets and got into the courtyard so I didn't get a ton of great pictures, but they work well enough to remember the fun outing.
We played around in the courtyard first and let Claire do the bounce house, tires, slides, corn pit, and cow train.  She loved it and had so much fun running around everywhere.
She would've gone down the slide a hundred times if we let her.  We took her on the big slide with us later but didn't get any pictures since it was too dark.
She thought the corn pit was pretty fun but she did not do well listening to my many many requests to not throw.
Claire and I rode together on the cow train and Bryce sat in the car behind us.  Claire loved riding the train and kept shouting "Woo hoo!" the entire ride.
After the courtyard activities we decided to do the cornmaze.  It was getting really cloudy and looked like a storm was coming in.  I was a little worried about taking Claire into the maze incase we got lost in there and it started raining but Bryce insisted he checked the weather and it was not supposed to rain.  We wandered around for a while and got ourselves really deep in the maze when it started to get really windy.  I started getting a little anxious and keep telling Bryce we needed to get out before it started raining.  Bryce told me to calm down and that we'd be fine.  We pulled out the map and tried to figure out where we were at so we could find a way out.  After a few wrong turns and more anxiety on my part Bryce figured out where we were (at the very opposite edge of the maze from the entrance).  Bryce followed the map the rest of the way and led us out within a few minutes. I was extremely relieved to be back out of the maze.  It wasn't super late yet so we decided to take Claire down the big slide before we left.  I took her down first and then Bryce took her down.  Bryce was taking Claire down the slide a second time and right when they were at the top of the slide it started pouring rain.  They quickly slid down and we ran to the barn area to wait out the rain for a few minutes.  At this point I was even more grateful we got out of the cornmaze when we did.  We would have been soaked and Claire would have been freezing if we were still in there!  The rain died down after a few minutes and we headed out to our car.  We picked up Chinese take out for dinner and headed home.  Despite getting rained out and only getting a short visit there we had a blast.  We are definitely planning to go again next year and hopefully can make a longer evening out of it when Bryce's schedule won't be as crazy with work and school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment