September 23, 2015

Scenes from the Weekend


Last weekend we celebrated Lydia's (my niece and Claire's BFF) 2nd birthday.  I am still so glad my sister and I had our girls so close.  They are the BEST little friends.  They both get so excited to see each other and they love playing together.  Since neither of them have sisters of their own yet, having each other is the next best thing.
Claire & Lydia giving each other hugs goodbye.  I can't even handle how cute they are together.
The party was a fun little get together in my sister's backyard.  It was perfect for the kids to run around and play.  We got to eat yummy cake & ice cream, no bake cookies, and rice crispy treats.  And as much I don't want to rush Claire turning 2 years old, it did get me really excited to throw her another birthday party.

I'm still over here making anything and everything out of the copious amounts of apples we have.  So far I've made applesauce, dried 2 batches of apples, and apple butter.  I think next I'm going to try to bottle some apple pie filling.  
A few shots of Claire from one of our walks just because she's so darn cute.
I took this picture on the official first day of fall.  The leaves are starting to change color and fall off the trees, but to my dismay it still isn't feeling much like fall.  Hopefully we'll get crisp cool weather for good soon and no more of this back and forth stuff from mother nature!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and it's easily become one of my favorites. Your photography is amazing and Claire is just darling! I'm looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you! Thank you so much!

      Delete