September 14, 2015

Apple Picking


We woke up to cloudy skies and cool air blowing through our windows this morning.  There was a tiny bit of fall crispness in the air, and it got me far too excited than I should admit.  After breakfast and cleaning up the house I took Claire and Rory outside to pick apples with me. 

Claire was an eager little helper.

At first Claire kept picking up all of the fallen apples on the ground that were mostly rotten, and wanted to put those in our basket.  I decided it would probably be best if we cleaned up the apples off of the ground first so we hauled a garbage can over and went to work cleaning up the ground around the apple tree.  Once the ground was free of all the rotten apples I was able to start picking some.  We started with a small bagful and I am planning on making some crockpot applesauce to try to convince Claire to finally like it.  I'm hoping to pick more this week to dry a batch of apples to keep on hand for snacks and maybe bottle some apple pie filling.  I'm going to scour pinterest and see what other apple recipes I can find to try out.  Fall baking season is my favorite :).

No comments:

Post a Comment