August 26, 2015

New White Kitchen

I always tell Bryce when we own a house one day after he is finished with all of his schooling the main requirements I have for our house are hardwood floors, lots of windows & natural light, and a white kitchen.  We are still far from owning a house but we do now have a white kitchen!  At the beginning of the summer I was talking to my mother-in-law about how much I love white kitchens and she said I was more than welcome to paint ours.   I was pretty intimidated by the idea but about a week and a half ago I decided to finally be brave and tackle the project.  It was a lot of work!  I did most of it myself and Bryce helped when he was home.  It took 4 or 5 coats total, and then we decided to repaint all of the walls in the kitchen, living room, and hallway since we were already painting.  I forgot to take any before pictures but I found these two that show a pretty good idea of what the kitchen looked like before.


Before:

After:
I love how it turned out.  I think it looks so much better!  We found out a few days after I started painting that our brother-in-law & sister-in-law who live in the upstairs unit above us are moving, so we will get to move to the upstairs unit in October.  But we still get to enjoy our new white kitchen for a month, and thankfully the upstairs kitchen is already white ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment