August 31, 2015

Back to School Feast 2015

Yesterday we held our annual back to school feast.  I have been so busy with projects that it kind of snuck up on me this year.  I originally planned to make a roast & potatoes but I forgot to get a roast out of the freezer the night before.  I did a little improvising and decided to make spaghetti & meatballs instead since pork sausage would thaw out quicker.  I used this recipe for the meatballs and they were way good!  I'll definitely be making them again.    
This little girl was ready to eat!
Another year of school for this boy, and hopefully this time it will really be his last of undergrad.  He was supposed to have graduated last spring but found out he had to retake a class only taught in the spring.  He decided to take one more year of classes so he could take all of the prerequisites for PA school as he is thinking of pursuing that now instead of medical school.  Anyway, one more year of undergrad and then he'll get a break and have a year off of school during the application process for PA school.  It feels like the road of schooling is never ending, but eventually it will pay off, right?  Hopefully, that's what I keep reminding myself.      

After dinner we headed out for a walk and soaked up the last night of freedom before Bryce's nights are filled with textbooks, essays, and hours of studying.
Love my babies.
We did a little exploring and even found a few leaves that were starting to change colors.  Back to school means fall, so as much as I'm not looking forward to seeing less and less of Bryce at least its almost my favorite season!

No comments:

Post a Comment