July 8, 2015

4th of July 2015

We started the 4th of July off with our annual ward breakfast.  Bryce had to go early to help set up, but Claire and I got to stay home and sleep in until 8.  After a yummy breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and fruit we headed to Morgan to watch the parade with my parents.
Claire hanging out with her Nana & Papa.
Our crew waiting for the parade to start.
By the end of the parade Claire was sticky and had a belly full of sugar... but I let it slide because that's part of the fun of being a kid on holidays.
After the parade Claire was worn out, we had just got back from camping the night before so she was still trying to catch up on sleep.  We went to my parents so she could take a nap.  After she took a good two hour nap we had a barbecue with my family and ate hotdogs, pasta salad, chips, and fruit.  I packed our swimsuits in case we decided to go to the splash pad or something but instead we decided just to turn the sprinkler on at my moms and dads.  I haven't been able to do a sprinkler at our house yet because Claire just tries to drink it and we have secondary water so I don't want her getting sick.  My parents are on a well so I didn't have to worry about her drinking the water for once. 
Claire loved it and had so much fun, no surprises there! It was fun for us too, and a perfect way to cool off in the 100 degree weather.  After we got dried off and changed we visited for a while and then went to Bryce's parents.  Bryce was in desperate need of a haircut so his mom was nice enough to squeeze time in to cut it for him while we were visiting.  Once it was dark we went to a neighborhood firework party with Bryce's parents.  All of the families invited brought fireworks so there was a huge at home firework show in the driveway.  Claire was not a huge fan of the fireworks.  She didn't cry but she would got scared and would kind of freak out and cling to me whenever they went off.  I covered her ears so it wasn't so loud for her and she ended up falling asleep snuggled under her blanket on my lap.  I was amazed that she was sleep through all of the racket, I was covering her ears, but still it was loud!  Then the Morgan city fireworks started, which we could see from the lawn we were at, and Claire slept through the whole show for the second year in a row :).  I don't know if she would have really enjoyed anyway or just would have been scared from the loud noises like she was with others.  We're going to take her to the fireworks at Weber State in a few weeks for the 24th of July, so hopefully she'll actually stay awake for those ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment