May 13, 2015

Mother's Day


Mother's day was so wonderful this year.  It was my second official Mother's Day as a mom, and I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for this privilege I have of experiencing motherhood.  All I've ever wanted was to be a mother, and it is so much better than I imagined it would be.  My mother's day started out with the sweetest surprise breakfast from Bryce.  Then we went to church and Claire even sat through all of relief society with me, it was a mother's day miracle!  After church we took naps and then Bryce snapped these photos of us cuddling in bed after we had all woken up.  These ended up being the only pictures we took the whole day, which was kind of nice since I usually take tons.  After naps we went to both of our parent's homes and celebrated our incredible mothers with our families.  I love being a mother so much.  It is the most difficult but absolutely the most rewarding thing I've ever been able to experience.  I have heard this quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell many times, but I saw it posted on mother's day and it has really stuck with me since, 

“When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time.”   -Neal A. Maxwell  

No comments:

Post a Comment