May 15, 2015

Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!


Today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!  I almost forgot about it, but I remembered just as we were finishing up dinner.  I ran to the store to pick up a few ingredients I was needing while Bryce gave Claire a bath and got her ready for bed.  As soon as I got home I quickly whipped up a batch of cookie dough.  Claire scampered into the kitchen after she was bathed and dressed.  She knew that since the mixer was going there were going to be treats.  She wrapped herself around my legs and kept reaching up for me to hold her so she could "help".  I let her help me add the chocolate chips and then let her lick the beater.  It think she was a lot happier that she got to participate in the celebrating this year.  We celebrated this day for the first time last year, you can see the post here.  Last year I made my favorite kind, whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so this year Bryce wanted me to make his favorite, the classic soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies.  Since it's our second year celebrating it, I think it's officially a family tradition (as long as I can remember)!

No comments:

Post a Comment