May 4, 2015

Happy Birthday Audrey!


Today is Audrey Hepburn's birthday.  She would have been 86 years old.  She is easily my favorite actress of all time.  I love her even more for the role model she has been not just as an actress but as a mother, woman, UNICEF ambassador, etc.  She was an incredible person.  I have read several of her biographies and have loved learning about her life.  Claire and I had a little party today in her honor.  We read one of our favorite books Just Being Audrey, dressed up in our best Audrey-esque outfits, and watched Roman Holiday & Breakfast at Tiffany's (well we tried watching them, but mostly they were on in the background while we played all day).   
Claire's best Audrey-inspired look.  I tried bribing her with some chocolate chips to keep this hat on, it worked just long enough to snap a picture but the price was a chocolate covered face :).  I love that I can teach Claire about good role models and strong women she can look up to as she grows up.  Audrey Hepburn is without a doubt one of the best of for her to look up to.  Happy Birthday Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment