April 15, 2015

Watching & Waiting


Claire and I watched the storm blow in out the window yesterday while we waited for Bryce to get home from work.  It was gray, cloudy, and very windy which made for good watching.  Leaves and petals from our blossomed fruit trees swirled around and around in miniature cyclones.  Claire kept saying "Oh!" and "Wassat?" every time something blew past the window.  After we had watched the oncoming storm for a while we played hide and seek in the curtains, one of Claire's favorite games.  Finally we heard Bryce come home and Claire ran as fast as she could to greet him in the kitchen.  I love these quiet and calm days.  I know they won't always be like this, especially once we have more children, but for now I am soaking them all up as much as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment