April 2, 2015

Storytime: On the Night You were Born


I thought I would post another installment in the Storytime series on my blog (see first installment here) and share another one of our favorite books.  We gave Claire On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman for her birthday and it has been on heavy rotation as one of our favorite bedtime stories ever since.  For mamas, this book is a tear jerker.  Even though we've read it dozens of times, I still can't get through it without tearing up.  For children it is such a darling book and has the sweetest message about how special you are.  It truly is a book you can't help but fall in love with after the first time you read it.  One of my favorite lines on the closing page states, "Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born."     

No comments:

Post a Comment