March 18, 2015

St. Patrick's Day 2015


We had a fun little St. Patrick's day breakfast yesterday morning.  Claire must've been excited because she decided to wake up extra early at 5:30 a.m.  I wasn't too thrilled about the early wake up call but I decided I might as well start cooking breakfast.  I gave Claire some cereal and almond milk (she still hates cow milk) to eat while I cooked breakfast.

I decided to cook whole wheat pancakes and add green food coloring to make them festive.  I also added food coloring to our milk so our breakfast included whole wheat green pancakes with maple syrup, green milk, and lucky charms.  I also made rainbow treat jars; one for Bryce and one for Claire & me to share.  The marshmallows are clouds, skittles, of course, are the rainbow, and Rollos are the pot of gold.  I let Claire eat some of the "clouds" & share a pot of gold with me later in the day for a treat after lunch.  She still only has 5 teeth so she doesn't get to eat any of the rainbow part of the treat this year.
Here is Claire's version of our breakfast.  I had to hide her Lucky Charms after this picture until she ate all of her pancakes because all she wanted to do was keep eating the marshmallows.  She's definitely her father's daughter.

After we finished breakfast Claire was already tired and ready for a nap since she had gotten up so early.  I put her down in her crib and she took a nice long 3 hour nap.  I got some cleaning done, finished my book I was reading, and then treated myself to a little 45 minute nap since I had finished everything and she wasn't awake yet.
After Claire woke up we dug through our closets and found some green clothing to wear to prevent us from getting pinched.  Bryce takes this part of the holiday very seriously.  I remembered I had this shirt for Claire that I found last year and dug it out of her drawer of clothes for this summer.  I thought it was perfect since the green flowers look just like clovers!

We spent the rest of the day playing, sharing snacks, doing laundry, reading stories, and we watched a few episodes of Sofia the First (Claire's favorite).  Claire is in a pushing & pulling stage so her favorite toys right now are those she can push & pull all around the house.  I didn't cook anything festive for dinner, we had lots of leftovers from the night before and I figured a green themed breakfast was enough for this year :).  I love holidays & little celebrations like this.  They always give me an extra boost of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment