March 20, 2015

Quarantined


A couple days ago I noticed Claire's eyes were getting a little goopy throughout the day.  She had played with her cousins the week before who found out they had pink eye after they had played together.  They only played for maybe 10 minutes, and didn't really make much contact they just wandered around our backyard together.  I wasn't sure if she would get it or not but I crossed my fingers she'd luck out.  When she woke up yesterday her eyes still weren't very bad but later in the day they got progressively worse and both started getting red, very goopy, and a little swollen.  I called her doctor and was able to take her in to an appointment in the afternoon.  Her doctor confirmed that she did in fact have an unfortunate case of pink eye.  He prescribed some eye drops and said to make sure we cleaned everything Claire had been playing with and touching in the house to get all the germs killed.  I picked up Claire's prescription and then once I got home I threw all her sheets and blankets in the washer & scrubbed up her room and all her toys with my trusty clorox wipes. 

She woke up crying really hard at 4:30 this morning, which is unusual for her.  Although I'm not sure if it was due to the pink eye bothering her or if it is from teething since she is also getting 6 teeth at the same time right now.  (Poor little girl is a trooper!)  I finally got her back to sleep at 6 a.m. and she slept until 9:30 so I was able to go back to sleep for a few hours as well.  When we both got up at 9:30 I noticed her eyes already looked tons better, but she is still contagious until it clears up all the way so we are quarantined to the house for a few days.  We were both still feeling groggy and tired so we had a slow morning.  We ate breakfast, stayed in our pajamas, and spent a good portion of the morning cuddling and reading books in my bed.  Luckily, the rest of the day Claire has been her normal happy self.  Hopefully this means she is on the mend and her eyes will clear up quickly so we can get back to our normal routine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment