February 2, 2015

52 Week Portrait Project

It's no secret that I love weekly photography projects as I've done one previously for our dog Rory & Claire's 1st year of life.  Weekly portrait projects are all over blogland and I think they are so great.  I love them for a few reasons.  One being that it gives me a reason to pull out my camera and document at least once a week.  I usually take a lot of pictures anyway, but the extra motivation and obligation definitely helps especially during the busy weeks.  Second, I like that it gives me an opportunity to continue to practice and improve my photography skills.  Third, and probably most importantly, it documents growth through the year and it is so fun to look back through the pictures and see how much Claire has grown and changed.  If you haven't already guessed I've decided to commit to taking a weekly portrait of Claire in 2015.  I won't really be doing big updates with the pictures, unless something significant happens, just a little synopsis of what is going on in the picture.  I've already been taking Claire's picture at least once a week anyway, so here are weeks 1-5:

Portrait 1.52 
A portrait from Claire's 1st birthday photoshoot.
Portrait 2.52 
Claire playing on our bed.
Portrait 3.52 
Claire reading stories in the nursery.
Portrait 4.52 
Claire helping me dust
Portrait 5.52 
Having a little tea party with her bear and doll.

"A portrait of my daughter once a week, every week, in 2015."

No comments:

Post a Comment