January 19, 2015

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 1 Year Old

Dear Claire,

Today is your 1st birthday.  I can't believe it has been an entire year since you were born.  Although it has gone by so quickly, it's already hard to remember what is was like before you were born.  You filled the spot in our family that was always meant for you.  You have brought so much joy and happiness into our lives.  It has been an absolute privilege being your mother.

I remember the day you were born so clearly.  Your dad placed you in my arms and I held you for the first time.  I looked into your face and knew my life had been forever changed.  My heart was so full it felt like it could burst.  You were so tiny and unbelievably perfect.  All I ever wanted was to be a mother, and you gave me that incredible gift.

You are so fun, sweet, giggly, and cheerful.  And you are so so beautiful.  I look at you all the time and wonder what we ever did to deserve you for a daughter.  Sometimes I find it hard to believe that you are really ours.
I have loved watching you grow this past year from a tiny newborn into a beautiful little girl. I am so glad I got to share every milestone with you.  I excitedly watched you roll over for the first time, helped you learn to sit up by yourself, laughed at you trying to eat your first solids, cheered you on as you learned to crawl, and held my open arms out as you took your first steps to me.  
At one year old you are walking all over the place, you say a good handful of words, clap excitedly whenever someone cheers or says yay, pretend to talk on the phone, wave bye-bye to everyone, love reading books, and love giving kisses & hugs (especially to Rory).  You say Uh-Oh, thank you, good job, hi, Mama, Dada, and if you are asked what a Tiger or Rory says you growl.  Your favorite toys are your castle & princesses we gave you for Christmas and anything stackable.  You also love, love, love your baby quilt I made for you and always cuddle it to go to sleep.  
You have lots of brown hair, pretty brown eyes, and the most adorable smile.  My favorite way to do your hair is up in pigtails with little bows to match your outfits.  You have 5 teeth, two on top & three on the bottom.  You are eating mostly table foods and nursing twice a day until we wean you over the next couple weeks.  Your favorite foods are toast, yogurt, chocolate chip cookies, and spaghetti.  You are starting to turn into a bit of a mommy's girl and have just started being a bit wary of other people.  You are very thoughtful and cautious with everything you do.  You have a sweet, really easy going personality as long as no one has to take anything away from you.  

You have taught me so much this past year; how to be more selfless, how to love more fully, and how to be the very best version of myself.  I hope your dad and I can give back to you as much as you have already given us.  I hope you never forget how loved you are.  You are so so loved.  Your dad and I love you so much there aren't words to express it.  You have made me so incredibly happy.  My love and admiration for you grows every single day.  My little Claire, you are really the best thing that has ever happened to me.  Thank you for giving me the best year of my life. 

Happy 1st birthday Claire!

I love you too much,

Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment