December 11, 2014

The Stockings Were Hung With Care

It isn't yet the night before Christmas, and we don't exactly have a chimney, but our new stockings have been hung with care.  We are ready for Santa to come!  I decided to do a few little updates to our stockings this year.  I made mine and Bryce's the first year we were married and I appliquéd our names on them.  Now that we are parents I wanted ours to say Mom & Dad rather than our actual names.  I wanted to make one for Rory and I also decided to make mine and Claire's match and have Bryce & Rory's match.  You can see a picture of what they originally looked like in this post.  I removed all of our names and the trees off of my old one.  Then I hand embroidered our names on them and turned Claire's old one into Rory's.  I had just enough felt left to sew a cream colored stocking for Claire.  I left the trees on Bryce's & Rory's and made felt poinsettia's for mine and Claire's.  I think they turned out pretty cute and I actually like them better now than the way they were before.  I want to eventually knit us all matching red & white striped ones but that's a project that will take me a long time because I am a very slow knitter.  Until then, I think these stockings will fit the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment