December 15, 2014

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 47 Weeks

Claire turned 47 weeks old yesterday.  This past week she mastered her wooden stacking toy.  She's been working on it for a while and just couldn't quite get the rings on the peg.  My mom babysat her one day and she has a big chunky plastic one that Claire played with and was able to figure out.  After that when we got home I got hers out for her and she just started stacking all of the rings on by herself.  It was so cool to see her figure it out.  Now it is her favorite thing to do, she plays with it all the time.  She loves to pull all of the rings off and stack them back on.


I took more pictures of her playing in the nursery this week, which I think is fitting since that's where we spend a lot of time during the day. Claire loves to walk along her crib and play with her baby quilt.  She is so attached to her quilt.  She loves to lay on it and bury her face in it.  She is gaining a little more confidence with walking.  She'll stand on her own for a little bit and take one or two steps and then fall on her bum.  She is getting better balance though and will walk around the house holding onto one of our hands instead of both, so I think she's getting a little closer.  She has been sooo picky with eating lately.  I'm not sure what's going on.  She used to eat pretty much anything I'd give her, but now she spits everything out and will hardly open her mouth for me to feed her any purees or anything.  It's been testing my patience.  I'm a little worried about weaning her from nursing in a month since she won't eat very much and won't drink a full serving of milk from a sippy cup either.  Hopefully she's just going through a weird phase and will start eating more before we start the weaning process!  

She learned to say Uh-Oh this past week.  It's so cute!  It's more like an Uh-Uh, but she copies my voice inflection so it sounds the same.  She also says mama & dad, but I don't think she actually knows what they mean yet.  She just tries to imitate the when we say them to her.  I'm really liking this stage and getting to watch her learn so many new things.  It definitely makes up for how fast she is growing.
These last two pictures I took when she was cuddling her blanket and then in the second one she accidentally rolled over under her crib.  I couldn't help but laugh.  She is just the cutest.

No comments:

Post a Comment