December 27, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

On Christmas Eve every year we go to my parents to have our Christmas party with my side of the family.  We got there in the early afternoon.  The men all left to go shooting and the girls all stayed at my parent's house to hang out with the babies.  After the men got back we ate dinner, watched a beautiful film about the nativity, and then finally got to open presents!
My mom's parents, my Grandma & Grandpa Richins, come to our party too so we finally took the opportunity to take a 4 generation picture.
It was so cute watching Claire open presents.  She was a little confused having permission to freely rip as much paper as she wanted.  She also just wanted to tear off little pieces to a time, which would have taken all night long haha, so I had to give her a little help.
My mom & dad give their grandkids 3 gifts since Christ was given three gifts after his birth.  Claire got a set of Jan Brett board books, a darling dress, and a big bag of Legos (that she loves!).
Bryce and I each got new shirts and a food dehydrator from my parents.  I didn't get any pictures of our gifts but I took this picture of Claire modeling the scarf that came with my new shirt.
Claire and her cousin/BFF Lydia playing with their new Legos.
Claire also got to open her gifts from her Great-Grandma & Grandpa Mecham on Christmas Eve.  They gave her a new book and the cutest little Raggedy Anne doll.  She also got a little train from her Great-Grandma & Grandpa Richins that I haven't got a picture of her with yet since we had our party with them the Sunday before Christmas.
Claire with all of her new gifts.  Clearly she's a big fan of Christmas :).
After we got home from my parents we had Claire open her new Christmas jammies from us.
We didn't want Rory to be left out so instead of jammies she got Reindeer antlers :).
Claire was so tired, she fell asleep about two seconds after this picture was taken.  Bryce and I went to bed not too long after as well, although I had a really difficult time falling asleep because I was so excited for Christmas morning!  We had such a great night with my family.  This time of year just fills me with so much happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment