November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

This year was our turn to go to Bryce's parents for Thanksgiving dinner.  We had so much fun spending time with the all of our Leishman family.  I remembered my camera so I was able to take a few pictures to document Claire's first Thanksgiving. 
Here is Claire patiently waiting for dinner with her cheerio appetizer.  She ate the actual meal pretty well.  She ate a little bit of mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing, but after a while she would just gag every time I gave her a bite.  She loved the fruit salad (grapes, strawberries, & blueberries) and ate basically the whole portion I had dished out for myself.  She wouldn't eat any of the turkey.  She just kept spitting it out even if I gave her a teeny tiny piece.  Maybe next year she'll appreciate the food a little more ;).
Claire playing with Grandpa Leishman after dinner.

Claire with her Grandma & Grandpa Leishman.  She loved getting to play with them all day!

Bryce & Rory scouring the Black Friday ads.

After dinner the men went shooting and the girls stayed and tried to get all of our babies to take naps.  Claire finally crashed around four o clock and took a nice long nap.  Then after the men all returned we finished off the night with yummy homemade pie.  It was such a fun day!  Claire was so happy all day.  She loved getting to play with all her cousins and grandparents.  I forgot to get a picture of our little family on Thanksgiving but we are having Thanksgiving dinner number two at my parent's tomorrow so I'll have to make sure we take one then.  I am so grateful for my little family; Bryce, Claire & Rory.  They are my greatest blessing!  And I guess I should throw in that I am also pretty grateful for whoever invented pumpkin pie ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment