November 26, 2014

Rule Breaking


This past weekend we had our first winter storm warning.  I was giddy and excited for the world to be covered in sparkly white snow.  I actually really love winter.  I don't mind the cold, and I love snow.  I watched and waited all weekend long, but not a single snowflake fell.  I made my mom's homemade chicken noodle soup hoping that just maybe my meal choice could influence the weather ;) (no such luck).  Claire loved the soup at least, and we've been happily eating leftovers all week in mama & baby sized bowls.   

Bryce has a rule that I am not allowed to put up any Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.  I rationalized that my disappointment from not getting any snow was a valid reason to break his rule just this once.  So Claire and I pulled out the Christmas decorations two days early to at least make the inside of our house feel "wintery".  
Cutest little helper!
At least I'll have Thanksgiving celebrations to keep me distracted for a few days, then I'll go back to wishing for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment