November 28, 2014

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone Bryce granted permission for our house to be fully decked out for Christmas, which meant we could finally buy a tree!  We loaded Claire up in the car today and headed to Lowe's to scope out their Christmas tree lot.  We wanted a fairly small tree that would easily fit in our little apartment.  We walked up and down the rows until we spotted the perfect little four foot tree. Claire stated her approval with an affirmative "da, da, da!" After we got our tree home we set right to work.  I unpacked all of our ornaments and laid them out on the floor to show Claire.  I explained to her the significance in each ornament and the stories of how we got them.  Claire showed her attentive interest by trying to eat them. 
(Rory was having a bad hair day so I think she's a little embarrassed in this picture).
Claire and Rory are both very fascinated with our pretty little tree and all of its shiny, tempting ornaments.  It's going to be an interesting month trying to keep both of them from toppling it over.
Here's a picture of the fully completed tree.  Since I was already in the holiday spirit I decided to go ahead and wrap presents.  I did a lot of shopping throughout the year so I am pretty much done with our Christmas shopping already. Now that our tree is up I can declare the Christmas season as officially commenced in the Leishman house!

No comments:

Post a Comment