November 19, 2014

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 10 Months


Dear Claire,

Today you turned 10 months old.  I can't believe how big you are getting!  You are learning new things everyday and it is so fun to watch.  You are starting to really love books.  One of your favorite things to do in your nursery is to pull all of your books off the shelf.  Then you just sit and look at all the books and take your time turning the pages and patting all of the pictures.  I love seeing you do this and I hope it means you are going to love reading as much as I do when you get older.  
You hair is getting long and it is coming in pretty thick.  I realized a few days ago that you finally have enough hair to put it up in pigtails.  It looks so darling, but it makes you look like a big girl and not my little baby anymore.  It is so much fun watching you grow, but it is definitely bittersweet since you are only a baby for such a short time.You are back to sleeping like a champ after you went through a rough patch last month.  You go to bed between 6:30 and 7 at night and sleep until 6 or 6:30 in the morning.  You also take two naps; one from about 8-10, and another usually from 1-3.  Before your naps & bedtime we always read a couple books, sing a lullaby, and then I lay you in your crib and give you your quilt to cuddle.  Then you snuggle your quilt and put yourself to sleep.  I love that you are such a good sleeper.  Having you learn to put yourself to sleep from the get-go is one the best things I have done as a mom.  It has definitely paid off!
You now have four teeth; three on the bottom and one (almost two on the top).  Since you have gotten more teeth you are doing really well eating table food.  You always want to eat whatever me or your dad are eating.  Your favorite food is definitely still spaghetti!  You also love cheerios, toast, oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, and graham crackers.   

You still love to walk around the house with your little walking toy, by holding our fingers, and along all of the furniture.  You can stand by yourself for a few seconds, but as soon as you realize I am not holding on to you, you get scared and lunge for my arms.  I keep trying to show you that you can stand by yourself but then you just get mad and plop down on your bum.  You haven't tried to take any steps by yourself yet either.  You seem to have a little bit of an independent streak like your mom and want to do things on your own terms.  I think it may take a little longer for you to muster up the courage and realize you can do it by yourself.  I'm guessing you won't be brave enough to try walking by yourself until it's closer to your 1st birthday, but we'll see!

I really can't believe you are already 10 months old and that there are only 2 months left until you turn one year old!  Although it has gone by so fast, it has been the best 10 months.  I really just love being your mom.  I hope you now how special you are and how much happiness you have brought me. 

I love you too much,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment