October 21, 2014

Flu Shots & Squeaky Toys

 Yesterday we had Claire's nine month well check up appointment with her pediatrician. I was planning on it being a fun easy appointment since they don't have to give babies any vaccines at their 9 month appointment, then the nurse came in and asked if I'd like her to get a flu shot. As much as I didn't want her to have to get a shot, I am all for anything that will possibly prevent my baby from getting sick so I decided to have her get one. The nurse administered her shot at the end of the appointment, and Claire made sure to let all of us know she was not happy about it. I picked her up and she clung to me tightly while peering over my shoulder with a severe scowl, wailing at the nurse. It was a tiny bit comical. The nurse left for a second and came back with a squeaky giraffe toy that she gave to Claire.  I held it in front of Claire's face and showed her how it squeaked.  She immediately stopped crying and broke out into a big grin.  The day was saved by a little giraffe squeaky toy.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. Our 9 month is today. Also, I cannot believe how much hair Claire has! It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete