September 22, 2014

Fabric Beach Balls

 photo beachballs-1_zpsf26792ae.jpgClaire has become obsessed with our dog Rory's tennis ball.  If it's left out on the floor somewhere, she WILL find it, she will crawl after it as fast as she can, and if she can get to it before I can snatch it away from her she will try her darndest to get it in her mouth.  It seriously grosses me out.  Bryce reminded me about some fabric beach balls I had made a few years ago for a baby shower gift and suggested I make some for her.  I thought it was a great idea, and I hoped they would replace Claire's fascination for Rory's tennis ball. 
 photo beachballs-2_zps93cbf86e.jpg photo beachballs-3_zps9914f86e.jpg During one of Claire's naps last Friday I whipped together these cute fabric beach balls with some extra fabric scraps I had in my stash.  I finished the hand sewing Friday night while Bryce was gone at clinicals.  It was a pretty quick, easy project, and I love how they turned out!  I can't take credit for the idea or pattern I found it here on the Purl Bee's website a few years ago.  It hasn't totally solved the tennis ball dilemma but it buys me a few extra minutes to get the dog toys cleaned up while Claire plays with her little beach balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment