June 19, 2014

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 5 Months

 photo DSC_0325_zps30b8e45b.jpg
Dear Claire,

Today you turned 5 months old.  We celebrated with some pureed avocado & banana blend for you and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for me and dad (don't worry you'll be able to share the good stuff with us soon enough).  We started feeding you solids last week.  Today was the fourth time and you finally started to get the hang of it.  At first you couldn't really figure out how to swallow it so most of the food ended up on your face.  Today you probably swallowed half, and only half ended up on your face :)
 photo DSC_0324_zps4e43a350.jpg photo DSC_0307_zps0a18ef61.jpg
You are a squirmy little girl and you roll around all day long.  You've also started arching your back and wiggling when you want to get out of your swing, stroller, or car seat.  I have to make sure you are always buckled in so you won't fall out!  You have started reaching and grabbing for things.  You especially like to grab my face and hair.  You still try to put everything in your mouth, including my hair which I'm constantly untangling from your fingers.  Between that and the postpartum hair loss, I'm really starting to see the appeal in a shorter mom haircut! photo DSC_0304_zps116b6bb7.jpg photo DSC_0302_zps6ef428a9.jpgWe had your 4 month appointment a few weeks ago.  You were actually 4 1/2 months at the time.  You weighed 14 lb 9 oz and were almost 26 inches long; 47% for weight and 88% for height.  You are probably going to be tall and skinny just like your mom & dad. photo DSC_0295_zpscba26669.jpg photo DSC_0292_zps9bb92d7f.jpg photo DSC_0288_zps7e8f86f8.jpgSome of your favorite things right now are your swing, this loopy/plastic toy you got from nana for Christmas, and going for walks/runs with me in your stroller.  You love to play with me and dad, and are interacting a lot more when we play with you.  You get really excited and giggle and squeal when we tickle you and blow raspberries on your tummy.

I feel like at this age everything with our routine/schedule has really clicked with you.  I am pretty strict with your schedule, but I really believe that is why you are such an easy going baby since you know what to expect everyday.  You sleep really well at night from 8pm-6am and for the most part you nap really well too.  You typically take 3 naps a day, but you just barely dropped your fourth nap. 
 photo DSC_0336_zps61d30e2f.jpgYou are learning to sit up by yourself, and you are getting pretty good at it!  You can't quite balance unless you keep weight on your hands too, but I think you'll be strong enough to do it really soon. 
 photo DSC_0341_zps535f2b7e.jpgYou are such a fun girl.  Even when you are grumpy you make me giggle.  It takes a lot to make you really cry, instead you do this funny sort of grunt of frustration.  I probably shouldn't find so much humor in it, but it's impossibly cute.  I can't believe in one more month you will reach your 1/2 birthday.  I love watching you grow up, even if it kind of breaks my heart at the same time.  

I love you too much!

Love,

Mom
   

No comments:

Post a Comment