May 19, 2014

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 4 Months

 photo DSC_0105_zpse72b8a10.jpg Dear Claire,

Today you turned 4 months old!  This stage you are at is so much fun.  You smile all day long, and you started giggling and laughing over the past few weeks.  You love when I sing to you.  You get the biggest smile on your face and you usually start squealing and "singing" along with me.  You still sing and coo with me when I rock and sing to you before you go to sleep.  This is one of my very favorite things and I hope you continue to sing with me for a long, long time. 
 photo DSC_0102_zps89ca8908.jpg
  photo DSC_0101_zps961987fc.jpg
Over the last week you learned you could make a lot more noise than you used to.  You squeal pretty much all day long now, especially when I change your diaper.  You love your changing pad and the lights hanging above it.  They get you super excited and you kick your legs, flail your arms, and squeal at the top of your lungs.  It's so fun to see you learn and develop all these new little skills.
 photo DSC_0097_zpsaa1fecc4.jpg  
 photo DSC_0080_zps123d6211.jpg
You've rolled over from your stomach to your back a total of 5 times (I am one of the weird moms who keeps track of these things:).  You are very close to rolling from your back to your stomach.  You get to your side then you usually hang out there for a bit and then roll to your back again.  
 photo DSC_0084_zpsf55d416a.jpg
 photo DSC_0089_zpsa152e404.jpg
 photo DSC_0092_zps98d0d00e.jpg
You put everything in your mouth now and love to chew on your teething rings.  I'm sure in a couple more months you will be sprouting little teeth.  You still sleep pretty good.  You had a few rough nights last week where you woke up more than usual, but you are now back to only waking up once around 4 or 5 a.m.  You go right back to sleep after I feed you and then we start the day at 7:30.

We try to go for a walk every day when the weather is nice.  You seem to like our walks, although you usually fall asleep in the stroller halfway through.  You've gotten more interested in Rory.  You like to watch her, especially during tummy time.  Every once in a while I catch you watching her and you'll get a big grin on your face.  

You are getting really good at putting yourself to sleep at night and for naps.  We rock you and sing to you for a couple of minutes and then lay you in your crib.  You usually just suck on your fingers for a few minutes and then fall asleep without any crying.  I am still so amazed that you have learned how to do this! 

Your dad and I love you so much.  You have brought so much meaning and happiness to our lives.  We think we're the luckiest parents on earth.  We're so glad you are ours!

I love you too much little girl!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment