May 5, 2014

A Name & A Blessing

 photo DSC_0261_zps263581fd.jpg"And [Jesus] took a child ... in his arms [and] said ... "Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth ... him that sent me." 
                                                          -Mark 9:36-37
 photo DSC_0250_zps0a268ef4.jpgYesterday we were finally able to bless Claire.  It was such a special day for our family!  I was proud of myself for crying only twice, even though I felt like crying (happy tears) most of the day :).  I made the dress and flower headband she wore and Bryce gave her a beautiful blessing at church.  It was nice that we each got to take part in different ways on her special day.  We kept it small and just invited our siblings, parents, and grandparents.  After we blessed her at church we went to a park and had a dessert table for refreshments.  It was so fun having all of our family there to celebrate our little girl with us. photo DSC_0260_zps867a0cb7.jpg photo DSC_0263_zpsc8e55549.jpg
 photo DSC_0262_zpse615efb6.jpg
 photo DSC_0273_zpsd5833436.jpg
 photo DSC_0276_zpsc5b2ed02.jpg
 photo 13928603400_8c35bd01e1_o_zps5e580cf4.jpg
Claire with her grandparents on the top row and great grandparents on the bottom row  (We are missing a picture of her with Bryce's grandpa since he wasn't able to come to the park but we will make sure to get one another time).
All day long our hearts were so full of gratitude for our sweet daughter and for our wonderful family.  Even after we were home and Claire was exhausted (until she finally crashed and took a three hour nap) we couldn't stop beaming and talking about how much fun we'd had.  It was a perfect day that I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment