March 9, 2014

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 7 Weeks Old

  photo DSC_0379_zps286afbb6.jpgClaire is 7 weeks old today.  This past week she started smiling (at us and not just in her sleep) and it is my favorite thing!  I spend a lot of time trying to get her to smile now (basically the whole time she is awake).  Every time she does it I just giggle and smile back at her.  It is the best feeling ever.  She has also started sleeping for longer stretches at night.  She usually sleeps for 6 or 7 hours and just wakes up to eat once around 4 or 5 a.m.  She's never really been too difficult at night.  Even when she was eating every 3 or  4 hours at night she's always gone right back to sleep after she eats, but the longer stretches of sleep have been so nice!    
 photo DSC_0382_zpsec1cf6fa.jpg
 photo 13046648405_03eac6f013_o_zps5f0b99ca.jpg
Claire still really loves her swing--I do too :).  It's nice to be able to put her in her swing and have a few extra minutes to get things done around the house.  She loves to talk and smile at the mobile and mirror.
 photo DSC_0367_zps43f19dbc.jpg
 photo 13046991464_bef310e320_o_zpsd995cd27.jpgShe still gives me this serious face a lot which makes it even funnier when she smiles.  She will look at me all seriously while I'm talking to her and all the sudden break out into a big grin.  I know I say this in pretty much every post, but I love being a mom so much.  I have never been happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment