March 21, 2014

Claire Olivia Week by Week: 2 Months Old

 photo DSC_0525_zpsa60fe8be.jpg        
Dear Claire,

You are now two months old.  You weigh 11 pounds 10 ounces and are 23 inches long.  You just keep getting bigger whether I like it or not!  You got your first shots at your doctor's appointment on Monday and you did soo good.  You only cried for a few seconds afterwards.  Once I was able to cuddle and rock you, you immediately calmed down.  It made me so happy that you know I'm your mom and I can make you feel better.

The last few weeks you have been smiling all the time.  It is so much fun!  I talk to you all day long in my obnoxious mommy voice just to see you smile.  You've also started cooing and making lots of loud noises back to me when I talk to you.  I love it!
 photo DSC_0526_zps4947fae8.jpg
Surprisingly, you still haven't lost any hair!  Your skin has lightened up a bit, probably because all of the jaundice is gone.  You have pretty brown eyes that are so expressive!  You look around at everything all the time and are getting very curious.  Ever since we brought you home from the hospital I have read to you every day.  Some people probably think that's silly since you are so little, but I really think you like it as much as I do.  We sit in the rocking chair while I read to you and you stare at all the colorful pages the whole time. 
 photo DSC_0504_zpsd7c659f4.jpg
 photo DSC_0522_zpsfec6a590.jpg
You stick to our little routine really well now!  First you eat, then you are awake for an hour.  Almost exactly on the hour mark after you've eaten I can tell you are tired.  Then we cuddle and I put you in your crib for your nap.  You take all of your naps during the day in your crib now.  You do so good, you don't even cry when I lay you in there anymore.  You usually nap for an hour and a half and then wake up ready to eat again.  You sleep for a long six hour stretch at night, and then usually another 3-4 hour stretch again after you've eaten.
 photo DSC_0519_zps0590e80a.jpg
You are such an easy baby!  Seriously every one tells me they can't believe what an easy baby you are.  You hardly ever cry, you go to sleep for your naps in about a minute, and you are mostly sleeping through the night.  I have to say it makes my job pretty easy.  Although, I'm sure you will make up for it down the road, probably in your teenage years :).  
 photo DSC_0513_zpsc82532df.jpg
Every single day I still feel so lucky that I get to be your mom.  I have the best job in the entire world.  I have never had such a sense of fulfillment from any job I've had in the past.  I feel like this is where I fit in the world, being your mother.  I love you sweet girl!

Love,

Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment