March 13, 2014

733 Days

DSC_6020Claire is taking a nap and Bryce just took Rory out for a walk so I thought I'd take a few minutes to jot down my thoughts about being married for two years, or as of today exactly 733 days.  The past two years have flown by and we've gone through a lot of changes.  I have had two different jobs and am now a stay-at-home mom.  Bryce has finished two years of school, and after this semester only has one year left of undergrad.  We paid off my car, got a puppy, AND had a baby!  

When I look at the past two years of our marriage and the life we've created, I could pinch myself.  Sometimes it just feels too good to be true.  My husband is the best friend I've ever had.  For as long as I can remember I've wanted a dog, and we have one!  I've also always wanted to be a mom, and I finally am!  I just feel so lucky, which isn't to say that the past two years haven't also been hard.  But the hard times and sacrifice make it all the more worthwhile.    

On the night of our anniversary before we fell asleep, Bryce and I laid in bed and talked about the things we've learned about each other since we've been married.

What I've learned about Bryce:
He hates Velveeta cheese.
He is a very violent sleeper.  I've been elbowed and kneed on more than one occasion.
He likes puzzles as much as I do.
He is very tolerant of having his picture taken all the time.
He can build any project I come up with.
He loves to eat leftovers for lunch the next day.  
He is the best dad.

What Bryce said he has learned about me:
"I'll probably never get you to quit drinking diet coke."
"You laugh a lot."
"You don't hate meat as much as you did when we were first married."
"You like to read blogs a lot."
"You love dogs."
"You are a busy body and always have to be doing something."
"You like to take a lot of pictures."
"You are the best mom, but I already knew that before I married you."

This is just a short list of some of the things we've learned.  It's nice to know there are still things to learn about the person you know best in the world.  I look forward to learning more and more for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute!! What a great idea to do on an anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete