February 4, 2014

Quiet Winter Days

   photo 12299771464_6a1bb7f267_o_zps31a51675.jpg
 photo 12312707175_77bfcca8cb_o_zps1ef659cc.jpg
The past two weeks have been pretty quiet around our house.  Our days have been filled with lots of naps (for Claire & me), cuddling (for everyone), and reading (for me).  It's a good thing I am such a homebody already.  I have actually really been enjoying myself and have yet to experience any cabin fever.  Between taking care of Claire and hobbling around the house, due to my leg, I have actually stayed quite busy.  My leg seems to be slowly improving.  The feeling is back on the inside half, but the outside half and my entire foot is still numb.  I still can't move my foot or toes, but I am getting really good with my walker and I can even walk around the house without the walker now (with an obvious limp).  
 photo 12299460023_afe12b7453_o_zps5465ed9f.jpg  photo 12299874206_1e9c045f8d_o_zps29b90d94.jpg  photo 12299456853_6d87e93227_o_zps9b4cea40.jpg
I finally got some pictures of Claire with her eyes open, which is a serious accomplishment if you know how much she sleeps!  The most eventful thing that has happened lately was probably Claire's two week check up we had yesterday.  She now weighs 8 pounds 9 ounces and is 21 inches long.  She has gained almost a pound and a half and has grown over an inch in length.  No wonder she sleeps so much, she is growing like crazy!  She eats every two and a half to three hours during the day with a small amount of awake time and lots of sleeping in between.  She eats every three to four hours at night, and sleeps fairly well in between.  Now that she's two weeks old I'm slowly going to work on getting her on a more regulated schedule and hopefully I can get her sleeping longer through the night.  If you have any tips on this feel free to share! 

2 comments:

  1. We made sure to keep Taysom awake for about two hours before we wanted him to go to bed and that helped so much. It was hard and I felt so mean because he would fall asleep and I would have to wake him up but it helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! We will have to start trying that.

      Delete