December 8, 2013

Weekend Recap

280fb378362498925e3327681d0c3ebe
Bryce and I went on a little date and saw Frozen on Friday night and we LOVED it.  Okay, I probably loved it a little more, but Bryce still really liked it.  I didn't get any pictures from the date so I thought I would at least include the movie poster :).  Frozen is easily my favorite Disney movie since Beauty and the Beast.  And if you know me, you know how much I love Beauty and the Beast, so that is saying something.  I downloaded the soundtrack and we have been listening to it all weekend long too.  I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.  It is definitely a must-have for my collection. 
DSC_0028
Saturday I had Baby Shower #2 with the Mecham (my) side of the family.  I can't even believe how much baby stuff we have now.  I am so lucky to have such kind and generous family members who already love Claire so much.  She is really loved (and really spoiled) already.  Some of the gifts included a quilt from each of Claire's Great-Grandmas, a receiving blanket & matching burp rag from my mother-in-law, a rock and play sleeper from my sister, lots of cute little clothes, diapers, wipes, hooded animal towels, a car seat from my aunt Hali, and a darling swing from my mom.
DSC_0025.jpg DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0026.jpg DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0084 DSC_0081 
(Now that I have a carseat you can get a better idea of what the carseat cover looks like that I made a few weeks ago.) DSC_0041 DSC_0085 DSC_0092 
After I got home from my shower Saturday night I unpacked everything in the nursery and then rearranged it half a dozen times.  I took a few things out of the nursery to free up some space, flipped the crib around, and found a spot for the swing.  I liked the way the nursery was before, but I think it looks even better now and it finally feels finished.  If I tell that to Bryce he just rolls his eyes at me..haha.
DSC_0078 DSC_0053 I'm sure most of you know we had the first big snow storm over the weekend.  After church Bryce and I put on our snow clothes and took Rory outside to play.  I guess I should clarify, I took pictures, while Bryce and Rory played.  
DSC_0046 DSC_0050
I don't know who had more fun, Rory or Bryce.  Those two are quite the pair.  They were both completely covered in snow by the end and Rory looked like a furry little snow ball.  We have plans to finish our weekend with a Sunday nap, some studying for Bryce, and the annual First Presidency Christmas Devotional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment