December 22, 2013

Dear Baby

quilt.jpgNovember 25, 2013

Dear Baby Claire,

I am now 32 weeks along!  I went to the doctor today and found out you are 4 pounds already.  I don't know why but that was so strange for me to hear.  You are almost the size of an actual baby!  Things are moving right along and you are healthy as can be.  You are still in the same position with your head down and your feet up by my ribs.  You like to kick my ribs and remind me whenever I have bad posture and am squishing you a little.  

I had my (our) first baby shower a couple of weeks ago with the Leishman side of the family.  It was so much fun!  Everyone helped make pages for a quiet book for you.  I still have lots of work to do on it but your Grandma Leishman and I thought it would be a great craft for me to work on during all of your nap times.  You got lots of fun gifts that you are going to love including blankets, clothes, books, and all kinds of fun baby things.  

Another exciting event was that I finally finished your nursery!  I think it turned out really cute.  I hope you like it.  One thing that I think is pretty special is you will be sleeping in the crib that your mama slept in.  Your Grandma Julie & Grandpa Matt have saved it all of these years and gave it to your dad and I when we found out we were pregnant with you.  Everything is pretty much ready for your arrival.  I know I still have a while till you are here, but you will learn that your mama is a planner and likes to be prepared well in advance for everything.  

Your dad and I are still trying to decide on a middle name for you.  I have one that I really like, but your dad can't seem to commit to one.  He keeps saying how important your name is and I think it makes him nervous to finalize it.  Hopefully we'll agree on one soon.  

Keep growing and being a healthy little girl.  Only 8 more weeks until we meet!  

Love, 

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment