November 24, 2013

Sunday Thoughts

DSC_0009
"Marriage is a gift from God. The quality of our marriage is a gift from us to God."
-L. Whitney Clayton 

I love this quote and the talk it is from (you can read the whole thing here).  This quote has been on my mind a lot lately.  I'm so happy I married someone who values marriage and family as much as I do.  It is such a blessing to have someone to go through the ups and downs of life with.  Marriage truly is a gift.  I hope Bryce and I only continue to improve the quality of ours as we start our family and face the challenges that await us. 
DSC_0025 DSC_0027 DSC_0020 DSC_0015
Bryce and I spent our afternoon together walking around one of our favorite spots, Beus pond.  We held hands as we walked and I thought about how comfortable it felt.  We've been married a little over a year and a half and it already feels like a lifetime.  Our marriage is far from perfect but we work on it every single day.  A good marriage isn't something that comes easily.  It takes a lifetime of hard work and sacrifice, but I can't imagine anything more worth it.  

2 comments:

  1. It gets so hard to sleep towards the end! I hope it gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, you are so sweet :) After I published the post I felt guilty for complaining and whining about being pregnant when it is such a blessing that so many people struggle to have so I decided to change the post and write about something positive instead. (If you are wondering what happened to my original complaints of not sleeping haha).

      Delete