October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap: General Conference

DSC_0114               General conference weekend is the best, isn't it?  I look forward to it so much.  There are always messages that are exactly what I need to hear and I always get the boost I am needing.  Saturday, Bryce and I stayed home and watched the morning session together.  I made cinnamon rolls for the first time ever and they turned out pretty good for a first-timer.  

Bryce had to go to work during the afternoon session but he was still able to listen to conference at work.  We texted back and forth about parts of the talks we liked.  It was a fun way for us to still "listen together."  I was also able to get a lot done around my house during the talks.  I did all of my usual Saturday chores, caught up on all my laundry, and scrubbed all the walls and cabinets in my kitchen.  Later while Bryce was gone to the priesthood session with his dad and brother I took Rory for an extra long walk.  I don't know where all of my energy came from since I've been feeling so tired lately, but it was appreciated!
DSC_0124
DSC_0127
DSC_0134   
DSC_0136
Sunday we went to my parents for lunch and listened to the afternoon session with them.  I think Rory had more fun than we did.  She really loves my mom and loves playing at their house.   Rory also made a new friend with my little brother and cuddled with him during the last few talks.   After conference was over Bryce and I took Rory out to the cottonwoods near my parents home.  I took lots of pictures, of course, and we worked on some training with Rory.
DSC_0167
DSC_0172
DSC_0170
DSC_0163
DSC_0151
DSC_0169 DSC_0153
DSC_0177
DSC_0180
After we worked with Rory for a good while practicing coming and fetching we went to Bryce's parent's house.  We visited for a few hours, ate yummy dessert, and even got to pick some pumpkins from their pumpkin patch.  We arrived home feeling blessed, uplifted, and spiritually enlightened.  President Uchtdorf shared this thought in his talk that I loved:

"Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off, and strive forward."

I loved this message.  I was so touched by his whole talk, you can watch the whole thing here.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and to be able to listen to general conference twice a year!  This was the best weekend I've had in a while.  I obviously look forward to General Conference so much for a reason :). 

2 comments:

  1. What kind of camera do you have? I love the way you take pictures, I think they always turn out so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mollie! That is way sweet of you. I use a Nikon D40 but what I've also found makes a big difference is the lens. I bought a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens this past winter and it made a HUGE difference in the quality of my photos. Oh and the photography class I took helped a bunch too :)

      Delete