September 25, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 23 1/2 weeks

DSC_0011DSC_0010
How far along? 23 and a half weeks.
How big is baby? About as long as a head of romaine lettuce (12 inches) and weighs just over a pound.
Maternity clothes? Yes mixed with regular clothes.  Maternity clothes are still a little big but maternity pants are more comfortable than my normal ones now.
Stretch markes? Nope, still nothing yet.
Sleep: It takes me a while to fall asleep, but once I do I sleep pretty good.  I still get up a few times a night to go to the bathroom but the frequency has gone down a little.
Best moment of the week? Finishing some projects for the baby.  The nursery is pretty much done and I am way excited about it!
Food cravings? Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies have been sounding way good.  I haven't made them yet but I'm going to try to muster up the ambition to make some tonight.
Symptoms? Exhaustion.  I have been sooo tired lately.  I never feel rested when I wake up and I hate it.  I also have been getting really bad heartburn a lot when I eat.  I've almost thrown up a few times from all the acid coming up my throat.  I basically always have a bottle of tums with me wherever I go.
Movement: She's still moving around all the time.  Her kicks are definitely getting stronger and more noticeable
Gender? girl!
Belly button in or out? in.
Wedding rings on or off? on.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really, unless you count the acid/heartburn making me feel like I'm going to throw up.
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty moody this week.  Feeling exhausted all the time is definitely getting to me and it's hard to stay in a good mood.   
Miss Anything? Being able to drink as much caffeine (diet coke) as I want.
Labor Signs? No, and hopefully not for a while!
Looking Forward to? My target ultrasound in 2 weeks!  My doctor likes to do it a little later than 20 weeks because the baby is more developed so I haven't had mine yet.  I will be glad to have that appointment over with and make sure everything is okay with my little girl.

For the most part things are still going good.  I am definitely starting to look and feel more pregnant.  I just really want to feel rested.  I'm planning on sleeping in and taking lots of naps this weekend!    When I was first pregnant I made a list of everything we'd need for the baby.  The past couple months I have gotten a lot of the things on my "list" and I am feeling more and more ready and less stressed.  I am a serious planner and like to have things done well in advance otherwise I'm a total stress case.  That reason makes me very glad pregnancy is 9 months so I have  plenty of time to prepare.  Other times, though, I get way excited and just wish she'd hurry up and get here!   

1 comment:

  1. Use that relaxation track I sent you before you go to sleep! It works wonders. :)

    ReplyDelete