September 16, 2013

I'm an Aunt!

DSC_0073
My sister Laci had her baby girl this morning at 5:42 a.m.  My mom stayed the night at my house so she would be close to the hospital, since it is only about five minutes from where I live. Laci's husband, Brian, called my mom at five a.m. and said she was close to delivering.  My mom and I rushed to the hospital excitedly.  We waited out in the hallway for the baby to arrive.  We were so thrilled and were talking about how we couldn't wait to see what the baby would look like when all the sudden we heard the baby's first cries.  I looked at my mom and said, "She's here!"  We immediately stopped talking and just listened.  After a few more minutes we heard the doctor announce the baby was 7 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long   My mom and I both had the biggest smiles on our faces and we could hardly contain our excitement.  After the delivery and everything was finished we got to go in the room.  My sister looked so incredible!  You would never even guess she had just delivered a baby.  She was glowing and you could see immediately how in love she and Brian were with their new baby.  They named her Lydia LoRaine Rose.  She is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen!  Laci is my only sister and my best friend.  I look up to her so much.  I felt so privileged that she would include me in this special day.  She is going to be an amazing mother.  I am so proud of her!

DSC_0075
Welcome to the world Lydia LoRaine.  I am so happy I finally got meet you!

-Kami

No comments:

Post a Comment