September 19, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipe

DSC_0103
Before I was pregnant I always heard about all the weird cravings pregnant women get. I've heard of the old pickles and ice cream standby, ice, dirt, jelly beans on toast, and potato chips on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I was curious to see if I would have any of those off the wall cravings.  So far, I have yet to crave something out of the ordinary but I have been wanting green smoothies every day.  This isn't really anything new since I used to drink them all the time before I was pregnant too.  There are countless ways you can make them but this is my favorite recipe.

1-2 cups of spinach (I keep mine in the freezer so it won't go bad as quickly)
1 Banana (I also keep these in the freezer and then I don't have to add ice to the smoothie)
1-2 cups of Vanilla Almond Milk
1 large spoonful of Maple Almond Butter

*First I add the spinach to the blender followed by the frozen banana pieces, almond butter, and then almond milk.  Blend till smooth.  This usually makes enough for two people or one person if you want a really big smoothie.

DSC_0105
I know these may seem weird but they really are way yummy, even Bryce likes them.  Don't knock it till you try it!


-Kami 

No comments:

Post a Comment