September 27, 2013

Dear Baby

DSC_0044
DSC_0042

September 6, 2013

Dear Baby Claire,

I am now 20 weeks along and officially halfway!  I had a doctor’s appointment today and got to see you on the ultrasound.  You still look perfect and are growing so well.  Your heartbeat is still at a perfect 140 beats per minute.  Hearing it beat is one of my favorite parts of the appointment every time.  You are measuring about a week ahead in height so you will be tall like your mom & dad (which we already figured as much).  You move and wiggle around all the time now.  I love feeling your little kicks and nudges all day.  Your dad has even been able to feel you kick.  You should have seen him, he was so excited and had the biggest smile!  It may have made me a little teary eyed.  Pregnancy is pretty incredible.  It is amazing to think I have a sweet little baby growing inside that will join our family in just a short four months!

You are such a blessing already, and you are not even here yet!  I want to be the best mom for you.  I want to be a good example and someone that you look up to.  I hope you will be patient with me as I learn all the ins and outs of motherhood.  I will have no idea what I'm doing, but I don't think anyone really does when they first become a parent.

I daydream a lot about what it will be like when you are finally here.  I can't wait to hold you, rock you to sleep, and sing you lullabies.  I can't wait to kiss your little cheeks, see your first smile, and hear your first laugh. 

I am so looking forward to reading you bedtime stories and telling you all about fairy tales filled with princesses, pirate ships, castles, and magical kingdoms.  I can't wait to introduce you to all my favorite characters and books and find out which will be your favorites.

I can't wait to show you the little farm where I grew up when you are older.  I will show you the fields I used to run through.  I will take you to the pond where I used to go canoeing and build rafts out of old logs.  I will show you the tree in the cottonwoods that I named "Grandmother Willow" where I played Pocahontas for hours.  I will take you to visit all the baby animals in the spring.  The baby lambs were always my favorite when I was little, I think you will like them too.  I hope to do all of these things with you and give you a beautiful childhood you will look back on with fondness. 
 

In about a month I will have my target ultrasound.  I will get to see every detail of you on a 3d ultrasound.  The doctor will check and make sure you are developing and growing the way you should.  I'm excited to see you on the ultrasound again but I'm also anxious to have that appointment over with just so I will know that everything is okay.

See you soon little one!  Your dad and I can't wait to meet you.  We already love you tons!
 

Love,

Mom  

No comments:

Post a Comment