September 21, 2013

Claire's Baby Quilt

DSC_0131 I finished Claire's baby quilt last Friday! I finished it much quicker than I anticipated, it only took me about a month. As soon as I found out we were having a girl I started working on it. I had a lot of time to work on it since Bryce works Monday and Wednesday nights until 9, he does athletic training at Ogden High's football games every Friday night and doesn't get home until around 11, and then he works Saturdays from 1 to 6.  So I have a lot of alone time to fill :)  Whenever Bryce was gone I would bust out the quilt and work away. 
DSC_0154 DSC_0161 DSC_0156
I did all of the quilting by hand.  I quilted a flower in each square and than quilted a vine with flowers around the border.  There are a few imperfections but for the most part I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  

I learned how to quilt when I was twelve years old and I took a quilting 4-H class.  Immediately I loved the whole process of piecing it together, then hand quilting, and finally finishing with the binding.  The perfectionist in me loved how each step was so meticulous and dependent on the exactness of the previous step.  Ever since I learned how to quilt I've looked forward to being able to make quilts for my babies.  I hope this becomes an heirloom my daughter will save and treasure even when she is an adult.

-Kami

No comments:

Post a Comment